dimanche 15 mai 2011

Spring Cleaning

There are eight days left until graduation and I'm still cleaning my bedroom (I've been cleaning it for about a week now). I wouldn't say that it's clutter-free yet but I've thrown away a lot of junk and I've got another pile that I'll be donating or selling. Converting to minimalism is a lot harder than I thought it would be, since I keep discovering how emotionally attached I am to my things. There are some things, like old stuffed animals, that I'm just not ready to get rid of. And there are other things that I'd kind of like to save in case I have children in the future (old porcelain dolls, books, childhood toys, etc.).
Getting rid of things is kind of like pulling off a band-aid (for lack of better imagery ;-) ). You have to make sure you're ready, then hold your breath and don't think about it.
It's kind of refreshing to be able to create space. I'm coming to realize that emptiness is kind of like silence: restorative and necessary.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire