mardi 19 avril 2011

College News

There's good news on the horizon: I might get to go to Kalamazoo College! After a bit of a go-around (is that the right expression?) with the Registrar's Office (very patient people) we've determined that I will be able to transfer two AP units (Kalamazoo's version of 3.33 college credits), hopefully a third if I score high enough on their French Placement Test, and I will probably be able to transfer six units from the Community College. That would make it 9 units out of 36 needed to transfer. Exactly one year's worth. Which is exactly how much I needed in order to have a shot at affording Kalamazoo College.

On one hand I'm sad that I most likely won't be able to afford the full four years of college but I'm lucky that I ended up with enough transfer credits to give me the chance to go to a great college. I was a little bit sad yesterday because some of the staff have been implying that would be quite a loss not to go to Kalamazoo for the full four years. It's not that I don't want to stay, though... I just can't.

In any case, we're still not sure if I'll be able to go. I'll make my decision this week, I think.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire