mercredi 13 avril 2011

How Not to Get a Job

Thinking about paying for college is seriously scary. I feel like I'm going to dig myself into a hole of debt that I won't be able to climb out of. I mean, I've never had a real job. I've never even finished a job application. How am I supposed to pay for an education?

There are two job applications sitting on my counter as I write this. I brought them home a few days ago and I was pretty gung-ho about filling them out until I googled "How To Fill Out a Job Application" and came to the realization that I was supposed to fill out the applications at the store. So I'm afraid to turn in the applications because now that I think of it the lady at the flower shop gave me a funny look when went skipping out the door with my application in hand.

Well, and then I have to send in a résumé. Which would be fine except that I haven't got any idea how to write a résumé. And even if I did, what would I put on it? I'm good at writing, and teaching French. That's not going to help me get a job at the supermarket.

Special skills? Verb conjugation.

Special interests? Words and sentences.

Maybe people are wondering why I don't just go find more French students.
I am, too. I don't know where to find them.

There's always a third option: henna tattoos. I have a skill for giving people henna tattoos.

I guess my first step toward paying for college would be to find a job. Who wants a tattoo?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire